If you’re a fan of cornbread but are looking for something with a little more kick and nutritional value, we’ve got just the dish! This cheesy Zucchini Cornbread casserole is bursting with flavor and packed with summer veggies. Zucchini is truly the star of the show here, with a hefty 3 1/2 cups loaded into this dish. Sweet corn and a zesty jalapeno play supporting roles for a final result that knocks it out of the park.
We went with a box of corn muffin mix in this recipe to make things super simple. That just leaves shredding and chopping the veggies, then mixing it all together. Transfer the mixture to an 8×8-inch baking dish and top it off with shredded cheddar cheese. Pop the casserole in the oven for just under an hour or until it’s golden brown and cooked through the center. The sight of the crispy cheese on top is enough to get anyone’s mouth watering!
- 3 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, well drained
- 1 white onion, diced
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove seeds for less spice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ black pepper
- 1 (8.5 0z) box corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, onion, half the cheese, corn, jalapeño, eggs and spices.
- Slowly mix in the corn muffin mix until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through the center and golden on top. Serve warm.