- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon grease
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: paprika, garlic powder, or your preferred seasonings
- Heat the vegetable oil or bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes to the skillet, spreading them out into an even layer.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for about 5-7 minutes without stirring, allowing the bottoms to brown.
- Flip the potatoes and add the thinly sliced onions to the skillet.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and onions are tender and golden brown. This may take an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. You can also add optional seasonings like paprika or garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked to your liking, remove them from the skillet and drain any excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve hot as a delicious side dish.
Enjoy your homemade Fried Potatoes and Onions!