Thick Texas toast slathered with melted butter, garlic, Parmesan and oregano covered in two layers of melted mozzarella and provolone cheese is absolutely irresistible!
Watching the cheese bubble up and start to turn lightly brown makes my mouth water as this bread bakes.
We love looking for new ways to make a family meal more exciting.
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone
- 6 slices Texas toast or other thick slice of bread
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley optional garnish
How To Make TEXAS TOAST WITH CHEESE
Lightly toasting bread before applying seasonings is optional. Toasting makes bread more crunchy, skipping this step will keep bread more soft.
Melt butter and stir in Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
Arrange bread in air fryer basket or on a baking sheet in a flat, single layer. Spread mixture evenly over slices of bread.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over toast. Add a slice of provolone to each slice of toast.
Place in Air Fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or bake in a convection oven at 375°F for 6 – 7 minutes until cheese is melted.
Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- Day-old bread off of the discount rack works great for this recipe and helps save money
- Garlic toast reheats well in the toaster oven in just a couple minutes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.