Back to Top
- 1 9oz package oyster crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour crackers onto parchment paper and spread into an even layer.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and then stir in the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while continuously stirring. Continue cooking the bubbling mixture for 2-3 minutes until it thickens and lightens in color.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over crackers. Fold the caramel into the crackers until evenly coated. Top with salt.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, watching that the caramel doesn’t burn.
- Allow crackers to cool then break them into small clusters. Store in an airtight container.