𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁:
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
• 3-4 tablespoons ice water
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠:
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/2 cups whole milk
• Ground nutmeg (for garnish)
𝟏. 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭:
• In a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
• Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• Slowly add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough comes together.
• Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
𝟐. 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭:
• Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
• On a floured surface, roll out the pie crust to fit a 9-inch pie dish.
• Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges for a decorative finish.
𝟑. 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠:
• In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
• Gradually add the whole milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
4. 𝘼𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙖𝙠𝙚:
• Pour the custard filling into the prepared pie crust.
• Sprinkle ground nutmeg evenly over the top for a classic touch.
5. 𝘽𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘾𝙤𝙤𝙡:
• Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the custard is set, and the top is lightly golden.
• Remove from the oven and allow the pie to cool completely on a wire rack